Installation & Setup
#Installlation & Setup
First make sure that you have the latest window updates, I had problem with new installed system because of this.
- We need to download the following files
I recommend this options on Git Installation
Vagrant & VirtualBox
The Default installation is Okay
Open Git Bash and run this
vagrant box add laravel/homestead
==> box: Loading metadata for box 'laravel/homestead'
box: URL: https://atlas.hashicorp.com/laravel/homestead
This box can work with multiple providers! The providers that it
can work with are listed below. Please review the list and choose
the provider you will be working with.
- Vagrant is attempting to interface with the ui in a way that requires tty.
- Try installing Git first thenVagrant
- Or type this on Git Bash
- The box ‘boxname’ could not be found.
- Try Checking if you have internet o Git Bash
- Sometimes windows ssl with curls is the problem Vagrant use his own curl.exe, but also Git comes with one usally I rename vagrant curl.exe and that fixed the problem “”C:\\HashiCorp\\Vagrant\\embedded\\bin/curl.EXE”
- IF you get some crazy errors try googling and using the –debug line so you can see whats going on .
Now we get Homestead, still inside of Git Bash run this code
git clone https://github.com/laravel/homestead.git Homestead
Homestead.yaml file will be placed in your
Create SSH keys
In Git Bash run
ssh-keygen -t rsa -C "[email protected]"
Use the defaults and without passphrase
Create your Shared Folder
Inside Git Bash run
Inside Git Bash run this
cd Homestead/ && vagrant up
Putty : Download
First we need to create a ppk file for putty, open Puttygen
Click in import Key then on file name put this %userprofile%\.ssh\id_rsa
then click Save private key
on Host name put 127.0.0.1 Port : 2222
Then click Ssh -> Auth
on Private key file . Click Browse and selected the new ppk file created
Go back to session and click save and test. It should connect automaticly without password
the default password for vagrant is
user : vagrant
pwd : vagrant
Mysql Default Root Password
The default root password is secret
Create your first Laravel Project
Open Putty connect your Homestead
laravel new project